We are pleased to announce the initial overview of the Paaralan.Co Parent’s Portal – it helps you manage your kids activities in school, among other things. This is actually a re-release since there were lots of updates on the teacher portal and student portal in adopting it from the “Commonwealth” education system to the Philippine “American” education system. The video is available to watch above but i thought i may as well provide a summary. For this example i will be using my kids’ activities. Please be aware that the data you see on the video and screenshots below are live classroom and activities data.
Your Children’s Activities
This is part of the initial Dashboard or main screen you will see when it loads for the first time. Please note parents, the loading time of your child’s classes may vary. Can be quick or slightly delayed – this is a live loading straight from RAA database so whilst there are live classes going on during the day – you may experience delays as students and teachers actively use the database.
lets look at the screen by the numbers :
- Your children’s first Names – here if you have more than one child studying and registered at RAA, their first names and grade Level will be shown and clicking on the tab will also change the subjects below.
- This is the Subjects list – details of the subject is shown here including the teacher and the availability of the subject in the platform. Once the current dates are no longer between the starting and ending dates, the class is deemed completed and will be moved to another view (discussed in another post).
- Events Calendar – this is posted by the school and will show here as a list. However, due to the current pandemic this may not be as often updated.
- Announcements – this is posted by the school and will show here as a list. Any announcements that the school may make. Please note that the announcements can be general, meaning all parents get to see the announcements or just you.
The Activities in Detail:
- Diary Notes – these are notes that are posted by teachers about what was done in class. It may have assignments and practice instructions as per the “live”. Parents please take note of these instructions
- Class Details – details of the class and teachers
- Class Title – this shows the topic of the class
Your Children’s Answer Sheets:
So you have experienced it – maybe with other schools software or a combination of Gmail, Zoom and google docs? whatever else there is, its difficult to get things uploaded or to know whats going on with your kids and their activities – So we bring you their answer sheets! yes, their actual answer sheets that you can help post using your portal. Or you can directly see their grades and teacher comments.
by Clicking or Tapping (when using a phone or tablet) on the class information shown above will take you to the subject answer screen. Don’t worry this is student specific so your child’s answers will not be available to anyone else other than their teachers of the particular subject.
- Answer block – this is where students should put in their answers for easy preview. This is located on the left column of student portal.
- Teacher’s Comments – usually teachers will put their comments here about the student.
- Points awarded – this is a combination of points and grade based on the assessment of the activity.
- Document/File Upload box – here is where you can help your child upload his/her activity sheet. Note that when using the portal on a mobile device you can select the camera so you can upload the picture or scan of the activity sheet directly.
- Parent Comments – Your turn to say something to the teacher about this activity. Please ensure you remain courteous at all times with your comments as this may be seen by your kids.
- Answer Status – this gives the current status of the answer page. “Parent Commented” informs the teacher that you wanted to express your comment or question about the activity.
- Action Button – this is basically self-explanatory – but always ensure to save before exit to ensure you capture all data necessary for your children.
Using on Mobile device:
the Paaralan.Co Parent Portal was designed primarily to be used to keep track of your children’s school activities as well as be aware of what the school’s activities and announcements. We will be sending a link within the week that you can click on to open the portal into your mobile device. It will also be a subject of another blog post to help you install the app into your cellphones or tablets.
We hope that you like what you see or experience with our Parent Portal. Remember that we are always open to your comments and suggestions. Please do not hesitate to contact us via email : firstname.lastname@example.org or thru our chat on our website or thru our facebook page : facebook.com/paaralan.co